What is Grenade Defend?
Advanced, full spectrum amino acid muscle support drink.
Grenade Defend®, an advanced, full spectrum amino acid supplement primarily designed for use during or immediately post workout
If you're lifting heavy and often and you want your muscles to grow to their maximum potential, you need to protect them from catabolic forces whenever possible. That means preventing muscle breakdown! The most basic, unavoidable reality when it comes to muscle growth is that you must ensure that more amino acids are entering the muscle tissue throughout the day than are leaving it. To achieve this delicate but crucial balance, you've got to be regularly making the most important amino acids available to your muscles.
This is the philosophy behind Grenade Defend®. Defend® has been formulated with all of the most anabolic and anti-catabolic amino acids required by the human body in an unbelievable tasting powdered drink mix, so you'll never be caught short when it comes to supplying your muscles with the most potent building blocks required for their growth and repair!
Key features of Grenade Defend:
- Advanced, Full Spectrum amino acid supplement
- Can be used during or post workout
- Prevents muscle breakdown
- Maximises recovery, strength and lean muscle mass
- Amino acids delivered in both peptide bonded and free forms
- Great tasting powdered drink mix
Several key, powerful and cutting-edge ingredients have been added to Defend®, including:
High-Dosage Leucine: Leucine is probably the single most important amino acid for bodybuilders and strength and power athletes. This BCAA, even at modest levels, can literally “turn on” muscle-building activity. No other single amino acid is known to do this to any significant extent on its own. Also, studies suggest that adding additional leucine to protein can increase the magnitude of protein synthesis (the process that builds muscle). Defend contains both peptide-bound and free-form leucine.
Astragin: Astragin®, a patented combination of Astragalus and Panax Notoginseng has been added to Grenade Engage® to support optimum absorption. Impressive results have been obtained using this ingredient from scientific studies into its activity in Human intestinal Caco-2 cells, which have the responsibility for nutrient absorption from the gut.
L-Citrulline DL-Malate: Of all of the amino acids, citrulline has been found to increase nitric oxide and blood flow the most, more than L-Arginine and other amino acids. High nitric oxide levels and improved blood flow have been associated with increased weight training performance, increased muscle protein synthesis, increased protein content in muscle, reduced fatigue, increased energy production and increased creatine phosphate production.
Alpha Lipoic Acid: Alpha lipoic acid has been demonstrated in scientific studies to have a positive impact on insulin function in the body and effects on supporting creatine uptake and retention in the muscle cells(7,8).
L-Glutamine Peptides: Glutamine peptides have long been recognised as a stable form of glutamine by bodybuilders and other strength athletes who use them for their purported cell-volumising and anti-catabolic effects.
What's in Grenade Defend?
- Container Size: 345 g
- Serving Size: 2 Level Scoops (11.5 g)
- Servings Per Container: 30
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Energy: 189 kJ / 45 kcal
Fat: 0.1 g
- of which Saturates: 0.02 g
Carbohydrate: 0.11 g
- of which Sugars: 0.1 g
- Fibre: Trace
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Salt: 0.02 g
Amounts Per Serving
- L-leucine: 1430 mg
- L-Isoleucine: 1140 mg
- L-Valine: 1125 mg
- L-Citrulline DL-Malate: 1000 mg
- Glutamine Peptides: 1000 mg
- L-Taurine: 1000 mg
- L-Aspartic Acid: 515 mg
- L-lysine: 392 mg
- L-Threonine: 297 mg
- L-Proline: 248 mg
- L-Alanine: 217 mg
- L-Serine: 188 mg
- L-Phenylalanine: 129 mg
- L-Tyrosine: 116 mg
- L-Cysteine: 91 mg
- L-Methionine: 89 mg
- L-Arginine: 76 mg
- L-Tryptophan: 72 mg
- L-Histidine: 70 mg
- L-Glycine: 63 mg
- Astragin: 50 mg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: 25 mg
- Vitamin B6: 10 mg
- Vitamin B12: 200 mcg
- Amino Acids: 3.4 g
- Whey (Milk) Protein Isolate (90% protein), L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine, L-citrulline Malate, Glutamine Peptides, L-Taurine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Threonine, L-proline, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, Astragin, L-Cysteine, L-Tryptophan, L-Methionine, L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Arginine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, L-lysine, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12
- May contain cereals containing gluten.
Directions for Grenade Defend:
- Take two (2) level scoops of Grenade Defend powder with approx. 240 ml of water during, or immediately after high intensity exercise.
- Alternatively Grenade Defend can be added to a water bottle and consumed throughout the day.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease nor is it guaranteed in any way to help you loose or gain weight. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.